How does the Eliminator PRO Mouthpiece work?
- When a person sleeps, their throat muscles relax, their tongue falls backward, and their airway becomes narrower. When this happens, breathing can cause the walls of their throat to vibrate, causing the sound of snoring. The Eliminator PRO works by a technique called mandibular repositioning - it gently holds the lower jaw forward, opening the airway and eliminating the vibrations that cause snoring. There is significant clinical research supporting the use of this technique.
Is it safe?
- Mandibular repositioning to reduce snoring has been safely prescribed by dentists and physicians for over a decade, and The Eliminator mouthpieces have a remarkable record of safe and effective use. In fact, The Eliminator has been used by thousands of snorers without a single reportable adverse event. As with all sleep aid products, you should carefully read and follow all instructions and labeling before use to ensure that The Eliminator works safely and effectively.
How difficult is it to fit?
- Fitting the Snore Eliminator mouthpiece is quick and easy: Immerse the mouthpiece in boiling water, remove it to cool and mold it to the shape of your mouth. We include a step-by-step Instruction and Fitting Guide in your Eliminator kit which you should read carefully in detail before fitting.
Is The Eliminator PRO device adjustable?
- Yes, The Eliminator PRO is adjustable. There are 3 settings for different types of bites. Once molded, however, that setting cannot be changed.
Does it hurt? Is it difficult to get used to wearing?
- Typically, the adjustment period takes about 3-5 nights of consistent use. It is perfectly normal for your jaw, teeth and gums to feel moderately sore and fatigued at first use. This discomfort is much like getting braces or a retainer for the first time. However, it is not normal to experience severe, sharp or ongoing pain. These symptoms may be an indication of a more serious problem with your jaw called temporomandibular disorder (TMD/TMJ). If you experience severe, sharp or ongoing pain or believe you have TMD/TMJ, discontinue use immediately, contact your dentist or physician, and return your Eliminator mouthpiece for a full refund. Customers can call The Eliminator Helpline at 1-843-997-9973 to speak with a dedicated US customer service representative about any questions. Safety and customer satisfaction are The Eliminator Company's top priorities.
What if it doesn't work for me? Can I return it?
- Absolutely. The Eliminator offers a 30-day, no hassle, no questions asked 100% Money Back Guarantee (including shipping)
How does The Eliminator PRO differ from the athletic mouthguards I see at my local sports store?
- Though it may look similar, The Eliminator PRO mouthpiece is very different from an athletic mouthguard. The Eliminator PRO is an adjustable mouthpiece designed to hold your lower jaw forward to open your airway while you sleep. Unlike athletic mouthguards, our mouthpiece is made from two different high-quality plastics: a hard plastic on the outside and a soft plastic on the inside, which gives it more structural rigidity, making it less bulky and more comfortable. Finally, an athletic mouthguard is only designed to protect your teeth from injury; it is not designed to hold your jaw in a specific position, like The Eliminator Pro does.
How long does it take to get my product after I've ordered?
- Orders received online shipped to customers in the continental US will generally arrive in 2-7 business days via USPS. We do ship to a select list of countries outside the US including Canada. International orders outside Canada are shipped air mail and are subject to the local duties and customs clearance procedures of each country.